The club ran an open shoot for members from other NFAS clubs on 5th June 2016. The weather was kind, the course layers perhaps less so!
The club would like to thank everyone who attended, we hope you all had a great days archery. Thanks for your feedback, we will start to plan our next shoot very soon, and hope to see you all then.
Full results can be found here (pdf file)
Photos from the day can be viewed in our gallery here.
As suggested at last Months club meeting, members were keen for an informal club competition at the end of each month.
This Saturday (28th May), we will hold a competition using the 3D course in the woods.
All members very welcome to come along, 11am start.
The Committee has ear-marked the 5th June for the Club’s NFAS Open shoot (The first of hopefully 2 we will try to run this year)
In order to prepare for the above, there is some housekeeping needed in the woods, to this end there will be a work party (and the woods will be unavailable) on the 19th March.
Work which needs attention includes
- Checking and improving the signage around the woods.
- Place a second set of pegs on most of the shots, and refresh the paint / tape on the existing pegs.
- Replace the small targets on pegs 2,3 and 14
- Replace bridge access to Peg 4
- Recover a boss near peg 17, repair it and redeploy it to peg 14
- Repair 4 bosses in the woods (just need re-banding and staking back)
- Checking that all backstops and targets are secured firmly – Address any Defects
- Possible bridge at Peg 9, allowing arrows to be recovered.
- Digging Pit Shots
- Building a platform for the final peg, a pit shot.
If there is a particular job you can help with, drop the secretary an email and he will pencil you in to do that – First come first served though!
The container will also be tidied so that we can take stock of the targets we have available. At the same time the container will be tidied out. If you stored anything in the container which you want back / don’t want to be thrown away if its immediate use isn’t obvious, can you please contact the committee to remove it prior to 13th February.