In order to allow safe access to the woods for the final preparations for the open shoot this coming Sunday (5th June), the woods will be closed to Archers on the 4th. The practice range will be available for all to use as usual.
If you can help with the work in the woods (mainly cutting foilage and marking the route, plus placing some targets) the arrive at 10am.
The woods are only closed this coming weekend (4th and 5th), they are available as normal after this weekend.
As suggested at last Months club meeting, members were keen for an informal club competition at the end of each month.
This Saturday (28th May), we will hold a competition using the 3D course in the woods.
All members very welcome to come along, 11am start.
The club held an informal competition on Saturday 30th April which was enjoyed by all. This was followed by a brief club meeting where members where updated on matters arising since the AGM, this news can be summed up as follows:
- The proposal to make NFAS membership a requirement was not contested by any members and therefore is now a requirement of club membership. I believe most members have been assessed and signed off. In order to be able to shoot at the club after 1st June 2016 you MUST be in possession of an NFAS membership card otherwise you have NO INSURANCE and will be asked to not attend until you have NFAS membership.
- Work on preparation for the open shoot on 5th June continues, another local club have visited and given some feedback on the woods. In essence there are no safety issues, but improvements to signage, peg position, bridges etc were noted, much of this work was completed on 1st May.
- The provision of a porta-cabin type structure for a club house with toilet is being investigated, as with most things the cost varies dramatically, plus the cost of delivery is also a factor. When there is more then a further announcement will be made. Offers of assistance with any joinery work which may be required was kindly made.
The floor was opened up for questions from the membership
- The subject of grass cutting was raised, and is currently being undertaken my Mick Dargue and another former club member. So as not to interfere with customers of Elsham Activity Centre this needs to take place during the week.
- A suggestion of holding a Club shoot (as a method of meeting other club members and so on) at the end of each month was made and was a popular idea, therefore this will be organised as a regular feature starting 28th May 2016.